We understand that, from time to time, some customers may experience financial difficulties caused by unemployment, injury, illness, a natural disaster, or other unexpected impact on your household income and/or expenses. We are here to support customers during these times.
If your financial circumstances have changed and you are unable to pay your account(s), you can request assistance by completing an Online Hardship Application form. Please ensure you have access to the mobile number you have registered on your credit card account. A code will be sent to authenticate your identity before you can proceed with the application.
Please also have information about your income, expenses and assets on hand before you commence the application. Once you start filling in your details, you will need to complete the application as you will be unable to save and return to the form at a later stage.
If you are unable to access the Online Hardship Application form, you can apply by downloading a copy of the PDF Hardship Application form and emailing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or posting it to us at PO Box 3453 Sydney NSW 2001.
Important Information before you apply for Financial Hardship Assistance
- Citigroup Pty Limited is the credit provider and issuer of Card Services Credit Cards. If you hold other Citigroup Credit Cards, Ready Credit, Personal Loan product(s) including partner products your request for financial hardship assistance will be applied on all your accounts.
- Once we have received your completed application form, one of our representatives will contact you to discuss your situation and solutions that may be available to assist you.
- You are not required to provide supporting documents at the time you submit your application. We will inform you if we require supporting documents.
- If you have been or are still paying for insurance on your Credit Card account(s) or Personal Loan product(s) you may be eligible to make a claim with the insurer. Your account statement will indicate the name of the insurer you need to contact. An insurance policy wouldn't preclude you from applying for financial hardship assistance if you still require it. Insurance information can be accessed at https://www1.citibank.com.au/insurance.
- From the time we receive your request that you require financial hardship assistance and during the process including the time you are on an approved program, your repayment history will be reported as 'blank' to the credit bureaus. This is standard practice when reporting for customers experiencing financial hardship.
- Your card / account may be suspended from the time we receive your application for hardship assistance, and if approved, during the entire period you are on financial hardship. Ability to transact post your Financial Hardship assistance will be based on your card or account status.
If you would like further information on how we may be able to assist you if you are experiencing financial difficulty in meeting your commitments, or would like assistance with completing an application, please call us on 1800 722 879 Monday to Friday from 9am to 9pm AEST, excluding public holidays
Need More Help
You can get free independent counselling and advice from a Financial Counsellor.
For a comprehensive listing of Financial Counsellors please visit the FCA website: financialcounsellingaustralia.org.au/Home
To talk to a Financial Counsellor by phone (or for referral) call 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia.
You may find the following websites helpful, which provide information on managing your money.